Friday, May 30, 2014

Mexican food

Out here Mexican food is as common as pizza in NJ. I'm not exaggerating. There are a plethora of choices. A few weeks ago we went to a place with a work friend and his wife that is famous for good Mexican food...very basic, just good and cheap called Carolina's.






I never said it was nice. I wish I had taken pictures of the hand written CASH ONLY signs all over the walls. And my friend said we really had to go during the day because of the neighborhood. He was right.

Today I decided to forego the 5 minute plank exercise and we went out to Mexican again, this time to a nice, new place near home called Cafe Rio.







This place actually was nice. The concept was pretty much the same at both...you walk up to a counter and order your food and pay. But at Cafe Rio you get a show as you wait, they are making the meals right in front of you as they do at Chipotle...right down to the tortillas. We loved it and will return.


Now, can someone tell me where I can find a decent slice of pizza for lunch tomorrow?





Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments: