Sunday, May 11, 2014

Amazing grace

Our pastor interviewed Jay Feely, kicker for the AZ Cardinals recently. This guy has an amazing testimony...but what makes it interesting to me is the fact that his life was changed by his own brother, who lived with a severe medical disability very similar to Joe's, except without the vent. Ironically he passed away at the age of 26, just like Joe.

Why this matters -
Jay's story is much like my own daughters, who grew up with this incredibly challenging situation in their own home. Others on the outside probably thought this would wreck his life, just like they thought it would wreck our own daughters' lives. But as we all heard this past month from their own testimonies, and as you will hear if you watch this interview, the results were quite the opposite.

I am so proud of my girls, I could just burst. They are so on track and amazing in so many ways. God gave us the best gift he could ever give in light of our own difficult circumstances...he used a very bad thing for good. Now, THAT'S amazing grace.

You will want to watch this for sure:
http://www.sunvalleycc.com/sermon/jay-feely/






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to watching it, dad! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally watched this. Very moving. Thanks Dad!!

    ReplyDelete