Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Virtual Apple

Charlotte and I shared a special moment today...one made possible thanks to technology, and an apple.

Now before you jump to conclusions, this is not a post about a certain technology company that has sold many products to this family alone. This is a story about a real apple, actually two apples but it seemed like one.

I really enjoy spending time reading the blogs of all our kids...it tunes me into what is happening in their lives so much. I can't thank them enough for all the emails with pictures and especially the videos. I hate the distance from special people so much! But Skype/FaceTime is the closest to being there that it can get (next to actually being there, that is!).

Well we got on a FaceTime call today, Danielle, Charlotte and I, and Charlotte was sitting in her high chair eating a snack...an apple. It was fun watching her interacting as D asked her to talk, sometimes with her mouth full. So I asked for a bite, and of course she obliged. We pretended that it actually came through the computer. Then I looked over and we had an apple sitting in our fruit bowl, so I grabbed it and took a bite in front of the screen. Well, didn't her eyes light up...and she laughed and laughed...as I took another and another...so did she.

Who'd a thought a few years ago I'd be laughing at a distance of 2500 miles, sharing a piece of fruit with my grandchild? It's hard to believe technology makes all this possible...none of this would even be possible 10 years ago... Thanks to God for small miracles, and apples!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments: