Friday, November 19, 2010

Neck treatment #3

Like a lot of other people I have dealt with chronic neck pain for a long time...this week I received the third in a series of treatments.."Radio Frequency Oblation" as it is called is used to eliminate the pain transmitted by nerve pain at the joints..



The technique "burns" the tiny branch nerve between the joints of the spine. Things grows back in 12-18 months but in the mean time it can't transmit the pain signals. The catch is you have to repeat the procedure in 18 months If the pain returns.

Prior to this week I had received about 40% relief from the procedures done on C2-C6...that's why I returned Monday to do the third round.. T1-4 left side. So far the report is good...but I promised to wait a few more days to declare one way or the other...stay tuned.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment