Sunday, October 26, 2014

Running isnt for cowards




My running shoes were dusty.
The iPod had no juice.
It had been months since I have run, so today was quite a test.

Could I...would I... run with the rest of the super runner dudes on Thanksgiving weekend?

My conclusion after around 3 miles...running isnt for cowards.

Lance Armstrong once ran a marathon and said that it was the hardest thing he had ever done!

I might have been able to keep going longer. But since I didnt I don't know for sure. I'll try a longer one in a week or so. Um, or more. Have to get to 6.2 by Thanksgiving. That is, if the other runners don't want to push me in a wheelchair.

Btw - I did ok...just kept going, but I will say that months of not quite neglect since i do FB regulary, just neglect of running, has resulted in a different running experience, not necessarily a bad one.

I really don't miss it....then again as I said, running isnt for cowards.

1 comment: