Saturday, December 7, 2013

Halloween or Christmas?

This is a guessing game post...can you guess what holiday this is?




If you guessed Christmas you would be right...but then again, it may also look like a little bit of ghosts and goblins mixed in with it.

The reason? We are having a bit of a cold snap in the desert- the temperature is actually colder than it is in NJ. So people drape all sorts of things on their shrubs as a way of preventing their bushes from being damaged by the frost.

The cold is nothing like the cold of back east, though...it only gets cold here at night. And even the term is an exaggeration since it barely hits the low 30's, but when it does it a few nights in a row flowering plants get damaged... meaning the flowers themselves shrivel. But if the frost continues for a longer time you will actually lose some of the plants.

We haven't gotten into it ourselves, yet. It takes a certain amount of courage to decorate your front yard in this fashion and my better judgement is hold me back some. Mostly I'm lazy, to be honest, but don't put it past me. If the cold continues I might just break down cause I do hate spending the money on replacement plants in the spring .

Anyway I am expecting the temp to head back up to normal soon..at least I hope so!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. We got 3-4 inches of snow here and the HIGH for tomorrow is 28

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny and super crazy looking! I don't put it past you either! :)

    ReplyDelete